Action Sports athlete body maintenance, injury prevention, endurance… These are just a few areas that The Factory’s new FREE Fitness & Wellness program covers every Saturday at The Factory!
Saturday March 7, 2015 1-2pm
Saturday March 14, 2015 1-2pm
Saturday March 21, 2015 1-2pm
Saturday March 28, 2015 1-2pm
Anyone is welcome! Parents, kids, etc. This class is scheduled during our 1-2pm BMX group instruction session with our separate certified personal trainer so you can bring the kids to learn to ride while you work out!
FREE! There is no cost to our class, just show up on time with a foam roller & pad to roll on!
Need a Foam Roller or Pad?
We do have foam rollers & pads available for rent for $5 if you do need one, or free for all key holder members & their family members.
Who would benefit from corrective exercise and strengthening?
Clients that want to:
- Improve their strength and endurance
- Improve balance and core strength
- Have better posture and prevent injuries
- Prevent muscular- skeletal pain from coming back after past injuries
- Athletes or weekend warriors that have recurring injuries and want to learn how to prevent them
- Lose weight
You can benefit from a corrective exercise and strength-endurance program if you feel any of the following:
- Lower back: feeling sore on the back every day after a day of work, had one or more episodes of sciatica (back pain that radiates down your leg), herniated a disk in the past, feeling instability on you core and weakness of the abdominal muscles.
- Hip: having hip discomfort, tight muscles around the hip, weak gluteus and difficulty sitting down and standing up.
- Shoulder: having shoulder discomfort, tight neck muscles, sore upper back muscles, and tight muscles around the shoulder.
- Knee: feeling sore knees, knees buckling, having the feeling that your knee is loose and you cannot control it, feeling like you are going to fall, difficulty sitting down and standing up, soreness and difficulty going up and down the stairs.
- Foot and Ankle instability: feeling that you are about to sprain your ankle and lack of control
Here’s how it works:
Phase One: Corrective Exercise Techniques
Inhibitory techniques: corrective exercise techniques used to release tension or decrease activity of overactive neuromyofascial tissues in the body. (Foam roll)
Lengthening techniques: corrective exercise techniques used to increase the extensibility length and range of motion of neuromyofascial tissues in the body. (Static stretching)
Activation techniques: corrective exercise techniques used to reeducate or increase activation of underactive tissues. (Specific exercise techniques that target a muscle)
Integration techniques: corrective exercise techniques used to retrain the collective synergistic function of all muscles through functionally progressive movements. (Multi- joint and multi- planar exercise techniques)
Phase Two: Strength – Endurance
This program is used to make you stronger in the 3 planes of motion (or all directions you want to move your body) and be able to do physical exertion for a longer time before you get tired. Also, it is the ideal training to prevent injuries in general, and pain management.
Tools: body weight, floor exercises, TRX, Rip Trainer, BOSU, dumbbells.
About The Instructor: Juan Trujillo
Not only is Juan Trujillo a rider, he is also a corrective exercise specialist, performance enhancement specialist and a low back health coach who combines years of experience along with education and credentials from the National Academy of Sports Medicine. Juan is passionate about work and dedicated to helping clients of all fitness levels.
- BA, National Academy of Sports Medicine NASM Certified Personal Trainer CPT, Corrective Exercise
- Specialist CES, Performance Enhancement Specialist PES
- TRX Sports Medicine and Group Training certified
Please, contact us if you have any questions about our program.